Pullover necklines on the knitting machine
Coming to machine knitting from the hand knitting world, new Mkers often wonder how we can knit pullover neckbands on the machine. In hand knitting, you join the shoulders of the sweater, pick up the neckline stitches and knit the band in the round.
Because we are working on flatbed machines, we need to be a bit more creative.|
- Block your front and back pieces
- Join one shoulder (usually the right shoulder as worn)
- Open up the neckline and carefully re-hang the knitting on the machine
- Knit a single or doubled neckband
- Seam the other shoulder, neatly joining the band at the seam.
Look for the tutorial for perfect neckband seams
Posted by Sue Jalowiec on 04/21/2015 at 9:29 AM | Categories:
Write your comment
© Copyright 2018 Knit It Now, LLC